Saturday, September 29, 2007

Attention!!! Why is it that everybody else knows what we want & need? How is it that everybody knows how to get it to us but US??!!!




You can't blame Vick for this!!! Pitbulls have been urban status symbols of strength and power for as long as I can remember!...But u know these folks...they value a damn dog over human life and are willing to ruin this man's life...but I digress!!!

I was headed to the local KFC to get some food for me and my co-workers when I was literally stopped in my tracks by this bubblegum machine advertising a new cheap gumball machine toy called HOODHOUNDS! I can just imagine Pookie and Mane Mane fightin cause he thought he stole his Hoodhound #5...Well y'know me...I'm the Ghetto detective and the net is my best friend.I looked into it, and an international (i.e. not Black Owned) company is marketing this towards our urban youth...here is the official quote straight from their hoodhounds.com website. UNEDITED>>>"We set the pace when it comes to quality in the urban market"!
Just like the LOCSTERSTM and The RASCALSTM,The HOOD-HOUNDSTM are unlike any other figurine in the urban market. Others have tried to match the quality but fail in comparison. This HIGHLY detailed line of dog figures are so popular that we can hardly keep them in stock! They are designed with care and much attention to detail.
They are created from concept to completion by that same wanna-be artist foo named
ABEL, who also created the LIL LOCSTERS and the NEIGHBORHOOD RASCALS. So you know they've gotta be SUPER TIGHT foo!...This brought up the nighmarish images of the haircare product line released a few years ago called T.H.U.G. (That's right!!! THUG haircare!!!) They had a website, a CD and some more shit and they were poised to takeover the haircare market! I went and bought all the products to put in my hall of shame archives, but lost them somehow in-between moves. http://www.lillocsters.com/ & http://www.ogabel.com/home.html is part of this industry as well....Well, my rant today comes from the fact that it seems that while we as a people are sleepwalking, other people are walking all over us. It's funny that orientals and the arab community have cornered the market in urban retail. They damn near know what we want before we want it (haircare products, hiphop clothing, prepaid cell phone products...etc.) and they have it, but wouldnt live in the neighborhoods or dwell with the people that they sell it to. The urban market spends loyally with them people and won't try to argue or haggle, but hell, if I opened the same store offering the same products at the exact same prices, my people would rob me blind, or try to get everything on the "hookup" price. I don't know how true the statistics are, I'm coming off the top of my head, but it is said that the Jewish dollar travels 12 times within the Jewish community before it is spent outside of it, but the first dollar we get we spending it with somebody else. The mathematics are off somewhere aint it?...I know this O.G. Able cat probably got some backing from someone who doesnt want their name directly associate with it, but you can bet your ass, that when payday comes for this low-cost, high-return novelty merchandise...Mr. Charlie gon get his. I ain't figured it out yet, but it has to be more than a crab in a barrel mentality that is holding us back....We are wrong for that, aren't we?


No comments: